Kiji User Group Meetup:
Kiji fans, we are excited to announce the January Kiji User Group Meetup will be hosted by Macy’s.com on January 22nd (6:00 PM- 8:00 PM) in San Francisco. Learn more about Scalding from Twitter’s Oscar Boykin and how Macy’s.com is using Kiji to power Real-time Recommendations.
The Kiji Project is a modular, open-source framework that enables developers and analysts to collect, analyze and use data in real-time applications.
Developers are using Kiji to build:
- Product and content recommendation systems
- Risk analysis and fraud monitoring
- Customer profile and segmentation applications
- Energy usage analytics & reporting
- Automated serialization for storage and retrieval of complex data types like purchase histories, customer profiles, social graphs, etc.
- Enables seamless, dynamic changes to table schemas while keeping backward compatibility with old schemas
- Gives a natural, intuitive toolkit for predictive modeling with machine learning library
- Easy HiveQL access using metadata stored within Kiji
- Development environment with Hadoop, HBase and all Kiji components in under 10 minutes